Home About Me My Store Freebies Pinterest Facebook Instagram TeachersPayTeachers Email Twitter Image Map

Searching For Ticonderoga or, (Where Has My Favorite Pencil Gone?)

An Open Letter From a Fourth Grade Teacher to Her Favorite Pencil
Dear Ticonderoga,

It been an amazing run. Really. I look back on our time together (more than a decade) and can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. We've been through it all; good times (grading, conferences, CSEs) and not-so-good (testing, BEDS day, PD) and you have always been right by my side. You have been the one constant in this ever-changing career...until last fall.

I've searched deep within and I am convinced: it's not me, it's you. You have changed. I miss your perfectly centered graphite and your spongy non-smudging erasers. What's happened? How could this be? I want the old Ticonderoga back. The one I know and love.

At first, I thought it was me. Perhaps I had angled the pencil incorrectly while trying to sharpen. I even blamed the students, "How hard are you pressing down to erase?" "You broke another tip already?" But, it was you the whole time. All you. 

I even have proof.
I am begging you. Please bring back the old Ticonderoga. Find it within you to center that graphite and hold on to a correctly constructed eraser using a quality ferrule. You can do it. You did it before and you can do it again. 

You have it within you to get back to "The World's BEST PENCIL". And when you do, I will be right here waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment